Tuesday, February 16, 2010

San Juan del Sur

After a few days on Isla de Ometepe, we are down in the south of Nicaragua at San Juan del Sur, which is a tourist hot spot. It´s a bit different than the rest of our travels, but still a good time. We almost did not come here, we were on Isla de Ometepe thinking how much we wanted to go back to Jiquilillo...we decided to come down though and I¨m so glad we did! We saw Kyle Martin last night, a friend from Healy...totally random! We were at the beach when we looked over at this guy standing by the fire ( I know, don´t ask me why their is a fire on the beach here, more for ambiance than heat!) and we both say, that looks like Kyle, lo and behold....it IS Kyle!! He was here for a few days with his friend Andrew and they were headed back down to Costa Rica, where they run a hostel, the next day. So, we weren´t planning on going down to Costa Rica, but, plans change! The Universe works in mysterious ways!
We have been loving our time here, (though Evan has not been as excited about the heat as I me!) but we are definitly excited about getting home! There will be no bugs, HOORAY!!
I probably won´t get a chance to post pictures until I get home in March, so be looking out then!!
Until next time...

1 comment:

julene said...

Hi Angela,
We miss hearing your voice. Looks like you are still having a good time. I can't imagine being tired of the heat. Winter in Alaska is not normal at all so far. We have no snow on the ground and nice days even in the 40s sometimes. We love you take care. MOM and DAD.